2 cup finely chopped Cucumber
2 - 3 green Chilies, finely chopped
1 tsp Lemon juice
½ tsp Ghee
¼ tsp Cumin seeds (crushed or whole)
3 to 4 tbsp Peanuts powder (crushed roasted skinless peanuts)
2 tbsp finely chopped corainder leaves
1/2 - 1 tsp sugar (you will be surprised to see the difference in taste when you add the sugar)
Salt to taste
- Chop the cucumber in very small pieces (without skin)
- Put chopped cucumber into a mixing bowl, rub little salt and keep aside for 4-5 minutes. The salt will help the cucumber to loose water. Remove excessive water by squeezing cucumber and try to remove the water as much as you can. (At the end we should get 2 cups of squeezed cucumber)
- Put the squeezed cucumber into another mixing bowl. Add peanuts powder, chopped cilantro, and sugar. Mix well.
- In a small saucepan, heat Ghee. Add Cumin Seeds, chopped green Chilies and pour this mixture to cucumber.Put the remaining chopped chilies into a small bowl. Add very little salt . Crush them with spoon and mix it with cucumber.
- Add Lemon juice and mix.Serve in any meal as side dish.
- This is eaten during fast days in maharastra.